I’m a professional online K-12 teacher and homeschooling parent.
Since 1999, I’ve taught in private and public community colleges, high schools, middle schools, daycares, and homes, both online and face to face.
I have a masters in public administration, a masters in secondary education, and teaching certifications in mathematics, science, and social studies grades 5 to 12, as well as a special education certification in teaching the visually impaired, birth through adult.
Currently, I homeschool my own children and teach online at the secondary level, ages 8 to 18.
I’m interested in applying the latest research in cognitive science to best practices in online education, and how that application intersects with classical education.
- Instructor at the Well-Trained Mind Academy
- Podcast host at The Good Enough Homeschool
- researchEd 2020 speaker Simplicity vs Rigor in the Online Classroom
- board member at West Virginia Home Educators Association
- consultant for New Leaders
- blogger at Good Enough Homeschool
- Quoted in the NY Post article How to home-school your kids like a pro during coronavirus quarantine
- Quoted in the Post and Courier article How SC parents tackle the new normal — home-schooling during coronavirus closures
- Interviewed by Ollie Lovell on online teaching of math for the ERR podcast
- Taught seminar about online learning for Calhoun County Schools