I’m a professional online K-12 teacher and homeschooling parent.
Since 1999, I’ve taught in private and public community colleges, high schools, middle schools, daycares, and homes, both online and face to face.
I have a masters in public administration, a masters in secondary education, and teaching certifications in mathematics, science, and social studies grades 5 to 12, as well as a special education certification in teaching the visually impaired, birth through adult.
Currently, I homeschool my own children and teach online at the secondary level, ages 8 to 18.
I’m interested in applying the latest research in cognitive science to best practices in online education, and how that application intersects with classical education.
- Author of The Teaching Online Handbook
- Instructor at the Well-Trained Mind Academy
- Podcast host and blogger at Modern Classical Education @ Home
- researchEd 2020 speaker Simplicity vs Rigor in the Online Classroom
- former board member at West Virginia Home Educators Association